Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Here in South Africa, there is very little Thanksgiving celebrating but our academic director Vanessa hosts dinner at her beautiful house every year.  Her husband is American and so it is a nice thing for him to make us feel more at home.  It would certainly be weird not to have any celebration at all.  
anyway, for the food everyone made different things from their families.  I made my mom's stuffing for Rosh Hashanah (not so thanksgiving, but something I missed too) and it was really fun.  There were four turkeys and a ton of mashed potatoes.  
Vanessa has two adorable children, a cat, a dog, and a great pool.  There was swimming and TV watching - all around fun.  It was really nice and I really appreciated her having all of us over.  
Now begins the final week of ISP.  I have to write up all the pages and I was feeling overwhelmed but after meeting with John I think I am in a good place.  
Its unbelievable how fast these last three weeks have gone by, in exactly two weeks I will be boarding a plane to go back to the US.  But not before a trip to Cape Town, I decided 'what the hell, I might not be back for a long time' so I am going to go with about 5 other girls.  
See you soon, 
 Much love!

No comments: