Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Largest Mall in the Southern Hemisphere

Hi all - 
 This past weekend I went to Gateway.  You guessed it, its a huge mall.  As malls go it was only so exciting to me, but to South Africans I think it is very exciting.  I did see some incredible things though and among them was a endless wave that you could surf on.  It was somewhat like a wave pool, but very shallow and the waves just kept coming and you could surf on them.  Next to that was a giant skate-park where kids and adults would come to skateboard.  It was pretty amazing.  Inside the mall was a huge rock climbing wall! it was incredible it had like four main surfaces you could climb up and then they all converged into a final very high part.  It was amazing! 
otherwise not much else super exciting has been happening,  I have been having interviews for my ISP and enjoying them quite a lot.  The newest cool thing I learned about was Woza Moya a Buddhist inspired Hiv/Aids fighting organization. So cool and very inspiring!

Love, 
Adina 

No comments: