Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Final Stretch

we are in the final stretch with less than 30 days left in SA to go.  While I have been missing home it is crazy to think that I have to write such an extensive paper so soon.   Lets not linger on that stress - but instead i will share some ISP highlights
I have been interviewing some religious leaders to hear about their interfaith involvement.  
Yesterday I went to a church with a mostly Indian community and learned about their inter-denominational partnerships and had tea and cookies (actually quite south african - likely a british holdover ritual) with her.  This lovely reverend put me in touch with another rev in reserviour hills doing some pretty amazing work which is interestingly enough is inspired by a scientology program that happens back in the US.  
Also I went to a municipal AIDS committee task force meeting.  I was shocked and shaken by the bueracrcy displayed and also likely made a fool of myself in front of the mayor of durban, oh well - thats why we go abroad I think.  
overall it has been a great week, there was also a beach excursion and a visit with the other girls at the Windemere place they are living at.  
its a little slow somedays to find people to interview with you and today I am mostly waiting for people to get back to me but hopefully everything will keep shaping up nicely
love love 
Adina

No comments: