The next day was Diwali, we shoot off tons of fireworks, I am pretty sure I wrote about that last post.
Wednesday I went to work with the interfaith folks again but ended up doing a lot of school work, and then coming to the office (SIT). I went to KZN and met with a professor who really helped me think about ways to approach my ISP and resources to use in my literature review. Though he did not think he could alone advise me, so I am hoping to connect with a professor in Pietermaritzburg. Professor West, aforementioned, did agree to be my advisor when I spoke with him on my birthday - oh yea, wednesday was my birthday.
They had cake and a silly card for me at SIT - delicious cakes I might add. My host mom, Maya, prominently featured in my new facebook photo got cake and many of our Indian family came, sang to me, and tried to shove cake in my face. It was a great day!
Thursday, Andres and I went to a state funeral for an activist named Billy Nair, he was incredibly important in the liberation struggle, I learned. It was cool because Jacob Zuma, president of the ANC was there, as well as the president of SA Natlante (not so sure about spelling) both spoke at the funeral. It was so awesome, many other political party representatives spoke, most of them more about political things and less about Nair, which I thought was pretty unfortunate seeing as it was a funeral. anyway there was tons of singing of liberation movement songs and it was so beautiful, again ask for the videos when I get home.
Today we are mostly just working on our proposals and since mine is finally done I am going to go out to lunch and maybe shopping too.
Sala Khale!
love
Adina
Thur
No comments:
Post a Comment