Tomorrow they celebrate the Hindu holiday of Diwali where they make many offerings to their deities - who are in our homes, in a prayer room. I chilled with the other cousins, sisters and aunts who were cooking all the food to be offered and the remainder will be eaten (by us and our family). It felt much like the bustle of my house before a chag, the moms and daughters cooking and calling each other etc, to hear the best way to prepare things. I really enjoyed it.
Another large change is the language difference. There isn't one in this family, which is a nice change and also a relief to not have to try so hard to understand everyone (although they still have a different accent)
Today, I was connected to the World Conference of Religions for Peace which was a wonderful connection in terms of my Independent Study Project(ISP) that is quickly approaching. I also met with a wodnerful professor who helped me a lot with ideas on readings and advisors.
SO MUCH LOVE
Adina
No comments:
Post a Comment