Thursday, October 23, 2008

Power Outage

In this highly TV focused culture that we are living, last night's power outage was an interesting change of pace.  My whole family has already eaten so there was no great problem with the power outage.  We lit candles and little lanterns, and I tried to do reading until my momma went to bed about an hour and a half earlier than normal.  My sister wanted to try and stay up until 9pm which sounded good to me, so we sang songs and she told some scary stories, it was actually pretty fun although we complained a lot about it being a boring evening. 

The saddest part of the whole evening was that we could not watch 'Generations' a local sitcom/soap opera that everyone (nearly) that I know in Bonella (Cato Manor) watches it with great fervor and interest.  There are love stories, betrayals, friendships, jealous business partners, and crazed lovers.  Its a juicy show! anyway, I have defiantely gotten addicted to it and really enjoy watching it. hopefully tonight we will be able to piece together what happened yesterday. 

Anyway thats the scoop here 
Adina  

No comments: