Monday, September 22, 2008

This Weekend at Home In Bonella

So we had a free weekend this past few days with our host families.  We went out to the mall - called the pavillion.  It is green at night and thus Anna (one of the SIT students) calls it 'the emerald city'.  We watched Space Chimps an animated movie about chimps who work for NASA. It was so cute and very ridiculous! 
On saturday we were supposed to have a walk around through Durban, but it was pouring rain and so we decided not to do it.  instead some of us students went to the mall and it was good retail therapy for many of us.  I bought a second sweater since it has been quite chilly here and I only brought one long sleeve shirt.  
Then on Sunday I went to church.  It was so cool, it was a small-ish room in a church school complex but it was packed by the time the service started.  After an all Zulu service in which I understood mostly 'suffering' and 'love' - which I guess is Christianity in a nut shell.  Anyway then I met some of my extended family, and a cute little nephew - Awww! Afterwards we watched movies and I did homework
very exciting!
Salani Kahle (stay well)

No comments: