When I first got there Saturday morning we went around to many houses of my sisters friends so they could all see me. Then we eventually went to the mall to buy some school supplies. Some of their taxis are minibus taxis - much like a sheruot in Israel. Finally my sister helped me do my Zulu homework. Also my father and I talked about censorship in America vs. South Africa.
Sunday we decided not to go to Church because my mama was tired. many other mamas came over to visit including Etan's mama (my friend Etan went on SIT last semester - she sends her love to him!). then we went visiting other students and their families, finally my camera was taken and used to take hundreds of pictures. my sister and her friend took video interviews of themselves about what it was like to live with Americans, it was so cute.
Each night we watch movies together and usually in the middle my sister goes to bed and I stay up with my parents. I think there is still a lot of uncertainty about where I fit into the family but I think it will dissolve over time.
until next time,
Adina
1 comment:
1. i can't wait to see your pictures
2. i really want to hear what your father said about censorship
3. ETAN!!!
Post a Comment