Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mosque

Today, those of us who wanted, went to a giant Muslim Mosque.  It was a really interesting experience with a beautiful washing station at the entrance with a pond that had fish where the water would drain into.  It led into a high ceiling building with two levels that both held worshippers five times a day, everyday according to our guide - who was a originally a canadian and a baptist minister - interesting.  it was really interesting!

Then Kim and I went to the Bat Center, no there were no bats there.  It is an art cooperative where artists are given places to work and maybe supplies and this center sells their work.  We met some really wonderful artists, one who teaches the others in classes.  And Kim talked on the phone to the artist whose work she was buying, which was really cool.  it was a fun day - a lot of shopping, which was hard but also necessary when you are soon coming home.  

then I tanned in the sun, just thought I would add that to spite those of you in the cold. 
Love 
Adina 

No comments: